To say good night in Portuguese, Brazilians say “boa noite.” If you are interested in expanding your Portuguese vocabulary, there are a few other things that you can say when telling someone good night in Portuguese:
- Dorme com deus – Sleep with God (Brazilians have a tendency to mention God in common phrases, you will notice this especially when saying goodbye in Portuguese)
- Sonhe/durma com os anjos – Dream with the angels (“sonhar” means to dream in Brazilian Portuguese)
- Dorme bem – Sleep well (dormir is the verb for to sleep in Brazilian Portuguese)
- Dar um beijo de boa noite – To give a kiss good night
- Tenha uma ótima noite! – Have a great night!
If you’re looking to say good night in Portuguese to a child with some Brazilian lullabys, here is a post I’ve written about those.
Boa noite gente!